Other tourist info
Amber, linen goods and local crafts are good buys.
Grocery shops open Mon-Fri 8.00-20.00
Dialling code: 48
Information Hotline: 118.
Emergency Telephone Number: 112 (from all telephone networks anywhere in Lithuania, free of charge)
National Public Holidays:
- January 1 - New Year
- February 16 - Independence Day (Day of Re-establishment of the State of Lithuania)
- March 11 - Day of Restitution of Independence of Lithuania
- March/April (Sunday, Monday) - Easter
- May 1 - Labour Day
- First Sunday of May - Mother's Day
- June 24 - St. John's Day, Midsummer Day
- July 6 Day of the Statehood (the Crowning Day of the Lithuanian King Mindaugas)
- August 15 Feast of the Assumption
- November 1 All Saint's Day
- December 25-26 Christmas
Telephone & internet
There are 3 major mobile service providers: Omnitel, Bitë GSM and Tele2 ensuring connections inside Lithuania and in many other countries. When you use fixed telephone line for calling to another town or district, you have to use an area code. Internet access points are marked with an @ sign. You can use the internet in Internet cafes, sometimes in libraries, post offices.
220 volts AC, 50Hz. European two-pin plugs are in use.